Monday 21 April 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Melnick in New York City and Ira Louvin in Rainsville.
Sherlock Jr., directed by Buster Keaton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1924!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1924 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Daniel Melnick in New York City: New York, USA; producer (Get Smart).
- Ira Louvin in Rainsville: Alabama, USA; country singer (Louvin Brothers).
- Jean Beranger: French film historian, author of the book "La Grande Aventure du Cinema Suédois" [The Great Adventure of Swedish Cinema] (1960).
- Ira Louvin: American singer-songwriter and mandolin player (The Louvin Brothers) (d. 1965).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1924 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- A Smile Will Go a Long, Long Way - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- The One I Love Belongs to Somebody Else - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Twelve O'Clock at Night - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Someone Loves You After All - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Shanghai Lullaby - Art Kahn & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?