Tuesday 16 May 1961US date format: 5/16/1961, UK date format: 16/5/1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 16, 1961). The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Solveig Dommartin and Éric Bouvet.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Runaway by Del Shannon.
In UK Blue Moon by The Marcels was in the top 5 hits.
The Young Savages, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Science And Government by C.P. Snow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whispering Smith.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1961
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1961!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1961 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Solveig Dommartin: French-German actress (Born 1961).
- Éric Bouvet
- Kevin McDonald: Canadian actor and screenwriter.
- Nina Arvesen
- Danny Mock: American sports figure, a scout for the Green Bay Packers football franchise.
- Charles Wright: American wrestler.
- Nina Arvesen in White Plains: New York, USA; actress (Cassandra - The Young and the Restless).
- George A Malcolm: American jurist & educator (Born 1881).
- 13rd Emmy Awards: Jack Benny Show, Raymond Burr and Barbara Stanwyck
- In Hollywood, California, the 13th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Dick Powell and Joey Bishop. The Program of the Year: Macbeth
- Park Chung-hee leads a coup d'etat to overthrow the Second Republic of South Korea.
- Park Chung Hee takes over in a military coup in South Korea.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Linda Scott - I've Told Every Little Star
- Shep and the Limelites - Daddy's Home
- Brenda Lee - You Can Depend On Me
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- The Shirelles - Mama Said
- Adam Wade - Take Good Care Of Her
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?