Tuesday 30 May 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ralph Carter in New York City and Ella Arolovich in Leningrad.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Travelin' Man by Ricky Nelson.
In UK Blue Moon by The Marcels was in the top 5 hits.
A Raisin in the Sun, directed by Daniel Petrie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hancock.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1961!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1961 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Ralph Carter in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Michael Evans - Good Times).
- Ella Arolovich in Leningrad: USSR; model.
- Kitty Carruthers: American ice skater of Welsh-Lebanese descent, who was adopted into a close, loving family.
- Ralph Carter: TV Actor.
- Harry Enfield: English actor director and screenwriter.
- Bob Yari: Iranian-American director and producer
- Maris hits his 10th and 11th of 61 HRs
- Dutch DC-8 crashes after takeoff at Lisbon, Portugal, 62 die.
- Long time Dominican dictator Rafael Trujillo is assassinated in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
- In France, rebel generals Maurice Challe and Andre Zelelr are sentenced to 15 years in prison.
- South Africa officially leaves the Commonwealth of Nations.
- President John F. Kennedy and Charles De Gaulle meet in Paris.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 May 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Shep and the Limelites - Daddy's Home
- Roy Orbison - Running Scared
- The Shirelles - Mama Said
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Connie Francis - Breakin' In A Brand New Broken Heart
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Elvis Presley - I Feel So Bad
- The Fleetwoods - Tragedy
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?