Monday 15 May 1961
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Giménez Cacho and Katrin Cartlidge.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Runaway by Del Shannon.
In UK Blue Moon by The Marcels was in the top 5 hits.
Two Women, directed by Vittorio De Sica, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The War Called Peace by Harry and Bonaro Overstreet was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Ernie Kovacs Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1961!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 May 1961 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Daniel Giménez Cacho
- Katrin Cartlidge: British actress (Born 1961).
- Larry Holden
- Melle Mel: American rapper (Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five).
- Giselle Fernandez: News Anchor.
- Anne Kelly: LPGA golfer.
- Daniel Trant: American former basketball player and 1984 Celtics Draft pick.
- Roberta Voltolini: Italian singer, dancer, ballerina.
- Bonanza by Al Caiola Orchestra hits #19
- 36 Unification church couples wed in Korea
- Pope John XXIII publishes encyclical Mater et Magistra
- Heinrich Matthaei alone performs the Poly-U-Experiment and is the first human to recognize and understand the genetic code. This is the birthdate of modern genetics.Hans-Jörg Rheinberger, quotExperimentalsysteme ampndash Eine Geschichte der Proteinsynthese im Reagenzglasquot Wallstein ISBN 3-89244-454-4
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Linda Scott - I've Told Every Little Star
- Shep and the Limelites - Daddy's Home
- Brenda Lee - You Can Depend On Me
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- The Shirelles - Mama Said
- Adam Wade - Take Good Care Of Her
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?