Monday 15 May 1961
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Giménez Cacho and Katrin Cartlidge.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Runaway by Del Shannon.
In UK Blue Moon by The Marcels was in the top 5 hits.
The Young Savages, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Manila Galleon by F. Van Wyck Mason was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whispering Smith.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1961
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1961!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1961 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Daniel Giménez Cacho
- Katrin Cartlidge: British actress (Born 1961).
- Larry Holden
- Melle Mel: American rapper (Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five).
- Giselle Fernandez: News Anchor.
- Roberta Voltolini: Italian singer, dancer, ballerina.
- Daniel Trant: American former basketball player and 1984 Celtics Draft pick.
- Anne Kelly: LPGA golfer.
- Bonanza by Al Caiola Orchestra hits #19
- 36 Unification church couples wed in Korea
- Pope John XXIII publishes encyclical Mater et Magistra
- Heinrich Matthaei alone performs the Poly-U-Experiment and is the first human to recognize and understand the genetic code. This is the birthdate of modern genetics.Hans-Jörg Rheinberger, quotExperimentalsysteme ampndash Eine Geschichte der Proteinsynthese im Reagenzglasquot Wallstein ISBN 3-89244-454-4
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Linda Scott - I've Told Every Little Star
- Shep and the Limelites - Daddy's Home
- Brenda Lee - You Can Depend On Me
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- The Shirelles - Mama Said
- Adam Wade - Take Good Care Of Her
Top #10 R&B songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?