Friday 12 May 1961US date format: 5/12/1961, UK date format: 12/5/1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 12, 1961). The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce McCulloch and Lar Park Lincoln.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Runaway by Del Shannon.
In UK Blue Moon by The Marcels was in the top 5 hits.
Clear Skies, directed by Grigoriy Chukhray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Last Of The Just by Andre Schwarz-Bart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whispering Smith.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 May 1961
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1961!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1961 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Lar Park Lincoln: American actress.
- Bruce McCulloch: Canadian actor director and producer.
- Paul Begala: American political commentator.
- Michael Ramirez: Cartoonist.
- Thomas Dooley: German-American soccer player and manager.
- Philippe Graton: Belgian photographer and screenwriter of cartoons, television and cinema.
- Ray Gillen in Cliffside Park: New Jersey, USA; rocker (Badlands - "Dreams in the Dark").
- Botvinnik wins world chess championship for third time.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Linda Scott - I've Told Every Little Star
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Brenda Lee - You Can Depend On Me
- Adam Wade - Take Good Care Of Her
- Ray Charles - One Mint Julep
- Steve Lawrence - Portrait Of My Love
- Floyd Cramer - On The Rebound
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?