Wednesday 31 May 1961US date format: 5/31/1961, UK date format: 31/5/1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 31, 1961). The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Patti Stanger and Lea Thompson.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Travelin' Man by Ricky Nelson.
In UK Surrender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Sunset, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while A Journey To Matecumbe by Robert Lewis Taylor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whispering Smith.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 May 1961
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1961!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1961 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Patti Stanger: Reality Star.
- Lea Thompson: American dancer and actress, starring in...
- Victoria Ruffo: Soap Opera Actress.
- Harry Enfield: Comedian (Dermot-Men Behaving Badly,...
- Justin Madden: Australian footballer and politician.
- Ray Cote: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Lea Thompson in Rochester: Minnesota, USA; actress (Back to the...
- Walter Little: Canadian politician (Born 1877).
- JFK visits Charles de Gaulle in Paris
- Judge Irving Kaufman orders Board of Education of New Rochelle to integrate.
- Benfica wins 6th Europe Cup 1 at Bern, Switzerland.
- Union of South Africa becomes a republic, leaving the British Commonwealth.
- Chuck Berry's amusement park Berryland opens in Saint Louis, Missouri, USA.
- Republic of South Africa created.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Shep and the Limelites - Daddy's Home
- Roy Orbison - Running Scared
- The Shirelles - Mama Said
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Connie Francis - Breakin' In A Brand New Broken Heart
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Elvis Presley - I Feel So Bad
- The Fleetwoods - Tragedy
Top #10 R&B songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?