Friday 16 May 2008US date format: 5/16/2008, UK date format: 16/5/2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 16, 2008). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.
Martyrs, directed by Pascal Laugier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Drive Thru New Zealand.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battlefield: Bad Company or Braid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 2008
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 16 May 2008 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 May
- 10 people were shot at a branch of the Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC) in Cabuyao, Laguna, Philippines, with 9 dead and 1 in critical condition in what could be one of the bloodiest bank robberies in the nation's history. USA Today.com - 9 killed during Philippine bank robbery
- Leonel Fernández is re-elected as the President of the Dominican Republic in the 2008 presidential election. (AP via International Herald Tribune)
- A pipeline explosion near Lagos, Nigeria, kills up to 100 people. (Times Online)
- A strong aftershock to the 2008 Sichuan earthquake knocks out roads and communications to some of the worst affected areas disrupting rescue efforts. (AP via Forbes)
- Former United States Olympic sprinter Tim Montgomery is sentenced to 46 months imprisonment for his involvement in a check fraud and money laundering scheme. (Reuters)
- The United States reaches a deal with North Korea to resume food aid with 500,000 tonnes of food to be sent to North Korea during the next year. (AFP via Google News)
- The State Peace and Development Council in Burma doubles the death toll from Cyclone Nargis to 78,000 with 55,917 people missing and 19,359 people injured. (''The New York Times'')
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport overturns the IAAF's decision to ban South African double-amputee runner Oscar Pistorius from its competitions, thus clearing the way for him to attempt to become the first leg amputee to participate in the Olympic Games. (BBC News)
- The President of the United States George W. Bush arrives in Saudi Arabia to discuss rising fuel prices with King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia later announces plans to raise its output by 300,000 barrels a day. (Bloomberg)
- Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin laden leaves an audio message on the Internet vowing to continue the fight against Israel. (RTÉ)
Sport Games on 16 May 2008
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Dijon : 1 - 1
- Amiens - Gueugnon : 4 - 4
- Angers - Brest : 0 - 0
- Boulogne - Niort : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in May 2008?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Lollipop - Lil Wayne Featuring Static Major
- Ashanti - The Way That I Love You
- Love In This Club - Usher Featuring Young Jeezy
- Mariah Carey - Touch My Body
- No Air - Jordin Sparks Duet With Chris Brown
- The Boss - Rick Ross Featuring T-Pain
- Bust It Baby Part 2 - Plies Featuring Ne-Yo
- Sexy Can I - Ray J & Yung Berg
- I Remember - Keyshia Cole
- She Got It - 2 Pistols Featuring T-Pain & Tay Dizm
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
J. C. Penney, Kohl’s and Nordstrom reported first-quarter profit on Thursday that fell less than analysts estimated by reducing costs as the economy teetered near a recession. [..]
At $1.8 billion, Thursday’s deal for CNet by CBS is the biggest by far in its recent Internet expansion, making the network a bigger player in online media. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $53.25
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $152.25
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $74.26
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $47.07
- 1 CAD = 1.0482 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0006 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9542 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.0498 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?