Thursday 29 May 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
Young People Fucking, directed by Martin Gero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Host by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jace Hall Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath or Dragon Ball: Origins.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 29 May 2008 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 May
- In the USA, Bear Stearns shareholders vote 84 percent in favor of selling the 85-year-old investment banking company to JPMorgan Chase & Company for US$9.32 a share, a total of US$1.5 billion. Shares in the company had traded at a record high of US$173 in January 2007.
- 2008 Sichuan earthquake: China begins inspecting the ruins of thousands of schools that collapsed in the Sichuan earthquake, searching for clues about why they crumbled. (VOA)
- In a 6–5 ruling, the Brazilian Supreme Federal Court upholds a 2005 law permitting embryonic stem cell research in the country. (''Folha de S. Paulo'')
- The National Indian Foundation publishes photographs of a tribe of uncontacted peoples in a remote area of Amazonia. (CNN)
- A helicopter crashes into a building in Panama City, killing the Director-general of the Carabiniers of Chile and several civilians. (AP via MSNBC)
- Tropical Storm Alma, the first tropical storm of the 2008 Pacific hurricane season, makes landfall in Nicaragua near the city of León bringing heavy rains and strong winds. (Bloomberg)
- A strong earthquake measuring 6.1 on the Richter scale strikes Iceland near the town of Selfoss. (CNN)
- Athletics coach Trevor Graham is convicted of lying to investigators of links to a steroids dealer in the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative investigation. (AP via Google News)
- The United States Department of Commerce revises its estimate of economic growth in the United States to 0.9% for the first quarter of 2008. (AFP via Google News)
- A bomb at Edwin Andrews Air Base in Zamboanga City in the southern Philippines kills two people and injures another 17. (BBC News)
- Hu Jintao, the President of the People's Republic of China calls for resumption of official talks between mainland China and Taiwan in a meeting with Wu Po-hsiung, the Chairman of Taiwan's ruling party the Kuomintang. (CNN)
- Twenty-six people are dead and fifty-one missing as a result of snowstorms in eastern Mongolia. (''UB Post'')
- Luxembourg ratifies the Treaty of Lisbon becoming the fifteenth country to do so.
- Iraq delivers a report on security, reconstruction, and economic progress at the U.N. conference on Iraq in Stockholm. Iraq seeks debt forgiveness and foreign investment to aid with reconstruction. (VOA)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?