Wednesday 28 May 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
Young People Fucking, directed by Martin Gero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Where Are You Now? by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin'?.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cybernoid: The Fighting Machine or Allied Ace Pilots.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 28 May 2008 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 May
- Robert Justman: American director producer and production manager (d. 2008).
- The first meeting of the Constituent Assembly of Nepal formally declares Nepal a republic, ending the 240-year reign of the Shah dynasty.
- Engineers announce that the Leaning Tower of Pisa has been stabilized for the first time, and will remain stable for 200 more years. (BBC News)
- Australian paleontologists discover ''Materpiscis'', a 380-million-year-old placoderm fish which is the earliest known animal to bear live young. (ABC News Australia)
- The Governor of New York David Paterson directs New York state agencies to recognise gay marriages performed in other jurisdictions such as Canada, California and Massachusetts. (''The New York Times'')
- In Dublin, over 100 countries, not including the United States, Russia, or China, agree to the Convention on Cluster Munitions banning cluster bombs. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- Ehud Barak, the Defense Minister of Israel and Leader of the Labor Party, calls for the resignation of the Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Olmert to step aside to face corruption allegations. (AP via Google News)
- The Majlis of Iran elects Ali Larijani as its new Speaker. (AFP via Google News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?