Tuesday 27 May 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
Young People Fucking, directed by Martin Gero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Whole Truth by David Baldacci was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin'?.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Allied Ace Pilots or BoneTown.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 27 May 2008 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 May
- Franz Kunstler: last remaining Austro-Hungarian Empire World War I veteran (Born 1900).
- A Standard & Poor's/Case Shiller composite index of 20 metropolitan areas in the USA reports prices of single-family homes dropped a record 14.4 percent in March from a year earlier. The US Commerce Department reports sales of new homes in April were down 42 percent from a year ago, the largest year-over-year drop in nearly 27 years.
- Khilafat Centenary celebrated around the world by the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.
- Rights groups say afghan women committing suicide at alarming rate Women rights groups say that last year, almost 500 women chose death or disfigurement to life of despair by setting themselves on fire to escape forced marriages, slavery or sexual and other types of abuse. ''(VOA)''
- Argentine farmers announce that they will stop selling grain for export from 28 May to 2 June in a deepening row with the federal government over export taxes. (AFP)
- The Russian Constitutional Court meets in its first session since it relocated from Moscow to the historical building of the Governing Senate at the Decembrists Square in Saint Petersburg. (Itar-Tass)
- The SP/Case-Shiller index shows a record annual decline in United States house prices of 14.1%. (CEP News)
- Aung San Suu Kyi
- The State Peace and Development Council extends Aung San Suu Kyi's house arrest by one year. (AFP via Google News)
- In the aftermath of the Sichuan earthquake, the People's Republic of China evacuates 100,000 people from Mianyang as engineers prepare to drain the landslide dam-created Tangjiashan Lake. (CNN)
- Thabo Mbeki, the President of South Africa, leaves for Japan to attend a conference on African development despite concerns about the 2008 South African riots. (AFP)
- Protesting soldiers seize the deputy head of the Army of Guinea a week after Lansana Kouyate is dismissed as Prime Minister. (BBC News)
- Leiden University Medical Center scientists decipher the first complete DNA sequence of a woman. (MSNBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?