Monday 5 May 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.
In UK American Boy by Estelle featuring Kanye West was in the top 5 hits.
What Happens in Vegas, directed by Tom Vaughan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Revolution by Ron Paul was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NOFX Backstage Passport.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp or Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 5 May 2008 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 May
- Irv Robbins: Canadian-American businessman co-founded Baskin-Robbins (d. 2008).
- Crude oil prices for June delivery in the US hit a record US$120.36 per barrel.
- The United States Federal Reserve System reports that banks are tightening lending standards on home mortgages, other types of consumer loans and business loans in response to the subprime mortgage crisis. (AP via Google News)
- Media reports the death toll from Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar to have passed 10,000. (BBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?