Friday 16 November 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 16, 1951). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paula Vogel and Philippe Guglielmi.
Another Man's Poison, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Holy Sinner by Thomas Mann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Kate Smith Evening Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 November 1951
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1951!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1951 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Paula Vogel: American Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, she won the prestigious award in 1998 for "How I Learned to Drive.
- Philippe Guglielmi: French politician and Grand Master of the 'Grand Orient de France' (1997-1999).
- Ellen Tauscher: Politician.
- Beverly D'Angelo: Actress.
- Alain Etchegoyen: French philosopher and novelist, who wrote some twenty books, essays and novels.
- Miguel Sandoval: American actor and director.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?