Friday 16 August 1935US date format: 8/16/1935, UK date format: 16/8/1935
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 16, 1935). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Dale and Vernon Jordan.
Chandu on the Magic Island, directed by Ray Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 1935
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1935!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1935 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Vernon Jordan: Businessman.
- Jim Dale: Musician.
- Betsy von Furstenberg: Nelheim, Germany -- Actress (Machine Calls it Murder).
- Julie Newmar in Hollywood: California, USA; actress (Catwoman - Batman, Living Doll).
- Arnaldo Pambianco
- Cliff Fletcher: Canadian National Hockey League executive.
- Andreas Stamatiadis: Greek footballer and coach.