Thursday 16 September 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sanjoy Bandopadhyay and Earl Klugh.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Sabrina, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Studio 57.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1954 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Sanjoy Bandopadhyay: Indian sitar player and composer.
- Earl Klugh: American guitarist and composer.
- William McKeen: American author and academic.
- Colin Newman: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Wire Githead and Immersion).
- Frank Reed: American singer-songwriter (The Chi-Lites) (d. 2014).
- CKLW TV channel 9 in Windsor, ON (CBC) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 September 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?