Friday 17 December 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Grayer and Scott Edward Gump in Rockledge.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Green Berets by Robin Moore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Power Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1965 ?
- Jeff Grayer: NBA guard (Charlotte Hornets, Olympics - Bronze - 1988).
- Scott Edward Gump in Rockledge: Florida, USA; PGA golfer (1991 International-second).
- Craig Berube in Calahoo: Alberta, Canada; NHL left wing (Washington Capitals).
- Craig Berube: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Tito [Raffaele A] Schipa: Italian tenor/composer (Rondine), dies at age 76.
- Largest newspaper - Sunday New York Times at 946 pages (50 cents).
- David Levy begins his search for comets.
- British government proclaims end of oil-embargo against Rhodesia.
- Dutch government shuts Limburgs coal mine.
- Astrodome opens, first event is Judy Garland and Supremes concert.
- The British government begins an oil embargo against Rhodesia the United States joins the effort.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
- Roger Miller - England Swings
- The McCoys - Fever
- Dean Martin - I Will
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?