Friday 17 November 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eugene Clarke and Danny De Vito in Neptune.
The Thin Man Goes Home, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1944!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1944 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Eugene Clarke: Tipton, Missouri -- Rock guitarist.
- Danny De Vito in Neptune: New Jersey, USA; actor (Taxi, Ruthless People, Twins).
- Gene Clark: American musician, vocalist and guitar and tambourine player beginning with the "New Christy Minstrels.
- Stephanie Clement: American pro astrologer with a pragmatic approach.
- Danny De Vito: American 5 ft tall actor and director.
- John Mack: American businessman, Chairman and CEO of Morgan Stanley since June 30, 2005.
- Tom Seaver: American professional baseball player known as "Tom Terrific" with the New York Mets who led them from ninth place in 1968 to first place in 1969. He was awarded the Cy Young Award for the first time that year, 10/29/1969 and then again on 10/30/1973. He was traded to the Cincinnati Reds on 6/15/1977. He became the 17th pitcher in history to win 300 games. His credits include being a three-time Cy Young award winner (1969, 1973, 1975); 311 wins; 3,640 strikeouts, and a 2.86 ERA over 20 years.
- Danny DeVito: American actor
- Jim Boeheim: American basketball player and coach
- Malcolm Bruce: English-Scottish journalist academic and politician
- Rem Koolhaas: Dutch architect and academic designed the Seattle Central Library
- Lorne Michaels: Canadian-American screenwriter and producer created Saturday Night Live
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 November 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?