Wednesday 3 February 1943US date format: 2/3/1943, UK date format: 3/2/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 3, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Blythe Danner and Neil Bogart.
Dr. Terror's House of Horrors, directed by Freddie Francis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 February 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 3 February 1943 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
- Blythe Danner: Movie Actress.
- Neil Bogart: American entrepreneur who took over Buddah Records in 1967 to become the Bubblegum-Rock King of America.
- Shawn Phillips: American singer, guitarist and songwriter.
- Robert J. Bentley: Politician.
- Dennis Edwards rocker (Temptations - "Ain't Too Proud To Beg: My Girl").
- Dennis Edwards: Musician.
- Blythe Danner in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Butterflies are Free).
- Alexander Goode: rabbi who surrendered his life jacket, drowns.
- 4 chaplains drown after giving up their life jackets to others
- The USAT Dorchester is sunk by a German U-boat. Only 230 of 902 men aboard survived. The Chapel of the Four Chaplains, dedicated by President Harry Truman, is one of many memorials established to commemorate the Four Chaplains story.