Saturday 17 July 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Kunce and Calbert Cheaney.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road was in the top 5 hits.
The Devils, directed by Ken Russell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Guardians.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1971!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1971 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Daniel Kunce: Sumperk, Germany -- Hockey defenseman (Team Germany 1998).
- Calbert Cheaney: American basketball player: guard/forward, Wizards.
- Pietro Maso: Italian homicide; a teenage boy who, on 4/17/1991, along with three pals, waited at home for his parents to return from church, when he beat them to death simulating a robbery.
- Cory Doctorow: Canadian author and activist.
- Nico Mattan: Belgian cyclist.
- Cliff Edwards "Ukulele Ike": singer (54th Street Revue), dies at age 76.
- Kathy Whitworth / Judy Kimball wins LPGA Four-Ball Golf Championship
- Italy and Austria sign a treaty that ends the schism about South Tyrol.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 July 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Carly Simon - That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?