Tuesday 6 July 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yvan Bourgnon and Olympia (Washington).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road was in the top 5 hits.
The Panic in Needle Park, directed by Jerry Schatzberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Summer Of '42 by Herman Raucher was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Guardians.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 July 1971 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Olympia (Washington)
- Yvan Bourgnon: Swiss sailor, skipper, brother of Laurent Bourgnon, with whom he won the "Transat en double Jacques-Vabre" in 1997.
- Adam Laurent: Santa Cruz, California -- Pursuit cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Kari Kupcinet in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (Julie Sanderson - The Young and the Restless).
- Owen Lance Bill Hughes: Palmerston North, New Zealand -- Kayaker (1996 Olympics).
- Kenya D Williamson: American actress.
- Louis Armstrong: American jazz trumpeter, a raspy voiced singer and band leader who was known as the great "Satchmo" for Satchelmouth, the size of his mouth.
- Horst Lange: Writer, dies at 66.
- Thomas C Heart: US Admiral / commander (Asiatic fleet).
- Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong: jazz musician ("Hello Dolly"), dies at age 70.
- Dr Hastings Kamuzu Banda sworn in as President for Life of Malawi
- White House Plumbers unit formed to plug news leaks.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
- Carly Simon - That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?