Saturday July 10, 1971
US date format: 7/10/1971, UK date format: 10/7/1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 10, 1971). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Adam Foote and Carolyn Leonhart.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road was in the top 5 hits.
The Light at the Edge of the World, directed by Kevin Billington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Female Eunuch by Germaine Greer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Quentin Durward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 10, 1971?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- 100th British Golf Open: Lee Trevino shoots a 278 at Royal Birkdale
- Failed attempt on King Hassan II Shirat Morocco, 101 killed
- Hassan II of Morocco survives an attempted coup d'etat, which lasts until June 11.
- July 11 ampndash Coup attempt in Morocco: 1,400 cadets take over the king's palace for 3 hours and kill 28 people 158 rebels die when the king's troops storm the palace. Ten high-ranking officers are later executed for involvement.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 10, 1971?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
- Carly Simon - That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - I Don't Want To Do Wrong
- Wilson Pickett - Don't Knock My Love - Pt. 1
- Freda Payne - Bring The Boys Home
- The 8th Day - She's Not Just Another Woman
- James Brown - Escape-ism (Part 1)
- The Isley Brothers - Love The One You're With
- The Stylistics - Stop, Look, Listen (To Your Heart)
- Aretha Franklin - BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
- Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - You've Got A Friend
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 10If July 10, 1971 is your birthday you're 49 years, 2 months, 20 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 10 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on July 10, 1971?
On July 10, 1971 the day of the week was Saturday.
What zodiac sign is July 10, 1971?
On July 10, 1971 the zodiac sign was Cancer.
Who was the US President on July 10, 1971?
On July 10, 1971 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on July 10, 1971?
On July 10, 1971 the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on July 10, 1971?
On July 10, 1971 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on July 10, 1971?
On July 10, 1971 several famous people were born including, Adam Foote, Carolyn Leonhart, Brent Alexander.
Which famous people died on July 10, 1971?
Famous people died on July 10, 1971 include, Laurent Dauthuille, Mohamed Madbouh.
What was the number one song in July 10, 1971?
The number one song in the week of July 10, 1971 was It's Too Late by Carole King in US and Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road in UK.
What were the top hits on July 10, 1971?
The top hits on July 10, 1971 were It's Too Late by Carole King, Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian) by The Raiders, Treat Her Like A Lady by Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose in US and Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road, Co-Co by The Sweet, Don't Let It Die by Hurricane Smith in UK.