Sunday 25 July 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tracy Murray and Billy Wagner.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian) by The Raiders.
In UK Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road was in the top 5 hits.
The Panic in Needle Park, directed by Jerry Schatzberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Drifters by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Guardians.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 25 July 1971
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 25 July 1971. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1971!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1971 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Tracy Murray: NBA forward (Toronto Raptors, Washington Wizards).
- Billy Wagner: Marion, Virginia -- Pitcher (Houston Astros).
- Chloe Annett: British actress.
- Chloë Annett: English actress.
- Pedro Martinez: Manoguayabo, Dominican Republic -- Pitcher (Montreal Expos).
- Miriam Shor: American actress.
- Roger Creager: American country music singer-songwriter.
- Stacy Dawn Cenedese: Miss USA-Wyoming (1997).
- Leroy Robertson: American composer and educator (d. 1971).
- July 30 ampndash Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli records in Munich two Debussy works for Deutsche Grammophon it's his fifth recording.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- The Grass Roots - Sooner Or Later
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - I Don't Want To Do Wrong
- The Isley Brothers - Love The One You're With
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- Freda Payne - Bring The Boys Home
- James Brown - Hot Pants (She Got To Use What She Got, To Get What She Want
- The Dramatics - Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get
- Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - You've Got A Friend
- Over And Over/Hey! Love - The Delfonics
- The Stylistics - Stop, Look, Listen (To Your Heart)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?