Monday 19 July 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Urs Buhler and Vitali Klitschko.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian) by The Raiders.
In UK Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road was in the top 5 hits.
Angels Hard as They Come, directed by Joe Viola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The New Centurions by Joseph Wambaugh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bel Ami.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Computer Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 July 1971
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1971!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1971 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Urs Buhler: Swiss tenor (Il Divo).
- Vitali Klitschko: Ukrainian professional boxer and the reigning WBC Heavyweight Champion.
- Catriona Rowntree: Australian television host.
- Rene Busch: Estonian tennis player and coach.
- Rick Walters: CFL slot back (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Lesroy Weekes: Montserratian cricketer.
- Michael Modest: American professional wrestler.
- Russell Allen: American singer-songwriter (Symphony X Adrenaline Mob Allen-Lande and Star One).
- Urs Bühler: Swiss tenor (Il Divo).
- Sudan military coup under maj Hashem al-Atta, Numeiry flees
- The South Tower of the World Trade Center is topped out at , making it the second tallest building in the world.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- The Grass Roots - Sooner Or Later
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - I Don't Want To Do Wrong
- The Isley Brothers - Love The One You're With
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- Freda Payne - Bring The Boys Home
- James Brown - Hot Pants (She Got To Use What She Got, To Get What She Want
- The Dramatics - Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get
- Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - You've Got A Friend
- Over And Over/Hey! Love - The Delfonics
- The Stylistics - Stop, Look, Listen (To Your Heart)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?