Monday 19 July 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Urs Buhler and Vitali Klitschko.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian) by The Raiders.
In UK Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road was in the top 5 hits.
The Devils, directed by Ken Russell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The New Centurions by Joseph Wambaugh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Guardians.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Computer Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 July 1971 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Urs Buhler: Swiss tenor (Il Divo).
- Vitali Klitschko: Ukrainian professional boxer and the reigning WBC Heavyweight Champion.
- Catriona Rowntree: Australian television host.
- Urs Bühler: Swiss tenor (Il Divo).
- Rene Busch: Estonian tennis player and coach.
- Michael Modest: American professional wrestler.
- Lesroy Weekes: Montserratian cricketer.
- Rick Walters: CFL slot back (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Russell Allen: American singer-songwriter (Symphony X Adrenaline Mob Allen-Lande and Star One).
- Sudan military coup under maj Hashem al-Atta, Numeiry flees
- The South Tower of the World Trade Center is topped out at , making it the second tallest building in the world.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- The Grass Roots - Sooner Or Later
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?