Tuesday 6 November 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Geiger and Marc Dutroux.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to The Green Door by Jim Lowe.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Friendly Persuasion, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Air Power.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 6 November 1956 ?
- Andrew Geiger: American physician.
- Marc Dutroux: Belgian serial killer who made a career of kidnapping, raping, torturing and killing children.
- Graeme Wood: Australian cricketer and footballer.
- President Eisenhower (R) re-elected defeating Adlai E Stevenson (D)
- US President Dwight Eisenhower (Republican) re-elected defeating Adlai E Stevenson (Democrat).
- Holland and Spain withdraw from Olympics, protest Soviets in Hungary.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?