Sunday 17 June 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Ratatouille, directed by Brad Bird, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Flight of the Conchords.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Burnout Dominator or Build-a-lot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 17 June 2007 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 June
- Air strikes in Afghanistan on a suspected Al Qaeda headquarters kill several militants as well as civilians, including children. (BBC)
- Ángel Cabrera wins the 2007 U.S. Open Golf Championship at Oakmont Country Club in Oakmont, Pennsylvania. (NZPA)
- Linate Airport in Milan, Italy is closed for three hours at dawn to allow wildlife experts to trap 80 hares that have bred in recent months and are confusing ground radar. (BBC)
- Audi wins their seventh 24 Hours of Le Mans in eight years, including their second straight win with a diesel R10 prototype. (BBC)
- A Canadian pilot and five British passengers die in a plane crash in Malawi. (Channel 4 UK)
- Mahmoud Abbas, president of the Palestinian National Authority, outlaws armed factions of Hamas. (CTV)
- At least 35 people die in Kabul, Afghanistan as the result of a bombing of a police bus. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- French voters go to the polls to elect a new French National Assembly. The centre-right Union for a Popular Movement (UPM) wins a comfortable majority however, the left did make some gains, with senior minister Alain Juppe losing his seat in Bordeaux. (Reuters via CNN)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 June 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?