Monday 17 November 1930US date format: 11/17/1930, UK date format: 17/11/1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 17, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Mathias and Jimmy Dunnachie.
The Blue Angel, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 November 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1930 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bob Mathias: American athlete who was the sole competitor in modern history to win the decathlon on two separate occasions.
- Jimmy Dunnachie
- David Werner Amram: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Composer (Splendor in the Grass).
- Bob Mathias in Tulare: California, USA; decathlete (Olympic-gold-1948, 1952).
- David Amram in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; composer (Splendor in the Grass).
- Chinua Achebe: Writer.
- Arlette Gruss: French circus artist, the eldest daughter of master equestrian Alexis Gruss senior (1909-1985) and Lucienne Beautour (1914-1998).
- Jackson Randolph: American accountant and CEO of Cincinnati Gas & Electric, a utilities company.
- Robert Mathias: Tulare sports Champions.
- James Dunnachie: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament, Labour representative returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Brian Joseph Lenihan: Politician.
- Musical Sweet & Low with Fanny Brice premieres in New York City