Tuesday 21 January 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Placido Domingo and Richie Havens.
High Sierra, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 21 January 1941 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Placido Domingo: Opera Singer.
- Richie Havens: American musician, singer, guitarist and songwriter, widely recognized as a premier interpreter of Bob Dylan songs due in part to his striking rendition of Dylan’s "Just Like A Woman.
- Ivan Putski: Polish-born American professional wrestler.
- Plácido Domingo: Spanish operatic tenor, international music celebrity, conductor, music director and humanitarian, awarded Mexico's highest civilian honor, the Order of the Aztec Eagle for his heroic work during the 1985 Mexico City earthquake.
- Sattam bin Abdulaziz Al Saud: Saudi Arabian prince (d. 2013).
- Stathis Giallelis: Greek actor.
- Mike Medavoy: Chinese-American film producer co-founded Orion Pictures.
- Elaine Showalter: American author and critic.
- Richie Havens in Brooklyn: New York, USA; folk singer ("Here Comes the Sun").
- Edwin Starr: [Charles Hatcher]; US singer (War).
- 1st anti-Jewish measures in Bulgaria
- 1st commercial extraction of magnesium from seawater, Freeport, Texas
- Australia and Britain attack Tobruk Libya
- British communist newspaper Daily Worker banned
- First commercial extraction of magnesium from seawater, in Freeport, Texas.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?