Sunday 17 October 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sanjay Kapoor and Tony Cimber.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Yesterday by The Beatles.
In UK Tears by Ken Dodd was in the top 5 hits.
The Wise Guys, directed by Robert Enrico, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
On TV people were watching Der Staatsanwalt hat das Wort.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 October 1965
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1965!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1965 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Sanjay Kapoor
- Connie Ann Hearn in Anchorage: Alaska, USA; actress (New Kind of Family).
- Tony Cimber: American member of noted family he is the son of actress Jayne Mansfield and director Matt Cimber (Born Thomas Vitale Ottaviano).
- Antonio Ottaviano: American noted family, the fifth child of actress Jayne Mansfield and her third husband, director Matt Cimber.
- Aravinda de Silva: Sri Lankan cricketer.
- John Barton King: Philadelphian cricketer (Born 1873).
- On A Clear Day You Can See Forever opens in NYC for 280 performances
- WBMG TV channel 42 in Birmingham, AL (CBS) begins broadcasting
- The 1964-1965 New York World's Fair closes after a two year run. More than 51 million people had attended the two-year event.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Herman's Hermits - Just A Little Bit Better
- Sonny And Cher - Baby Don't Go
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe In Magic
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
Top #10 R&B songs
- Joe Tex - I Want To (Do Everything For You)
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The "In" Crowd
- Roy Head And The Traits - Treat Her Right
- Bobby Bland - These Hands (Small But Mighty)
- Otis Redding - Respect
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- James Brown And The Famous Flames - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - Cleo's Back
- The Miracles - The Tracks Of My Tears
- Edwin Starr - Agent Double-O-Soul