Saturday 18 February 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 18, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bidzina Ivanishvili and Ted Gardestad.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Jumping for Joy, directed by John Paddy Carstairs, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Memoirs by Harry S. Truman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 February 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1956 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Bidzina Ivanishvili: Georgian businessman and politician 10th Prime Minister of Georgia.
- Paul Reed Smith: American luthier.
- Ted Gardestad: Swedish singer (d. 1997).
- Jorge Campos Milla: Peruvian serial murderer and kidnapper, known by the alias Momon, attributed to 19 victims.
- Ted Gärdestad: Swedish singer, songwriter and musician.
- Paul Smith: American businessman founded PRS Guitars.
- Gustave Charpentier: French composer of operas, including "Louise" and "Julien.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?