Thursday 18 February 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Travolta in Englewood and Marty Howe.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Glenn Miller Story, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Betty White Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1954!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1954 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- John Travolta in Englewood: New Jersey, USA; actor (Welcome Back Kotter, Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Pulp Fiction).
- Marty Howe: American-Canadian hockey player and noted family member, he is the brother of Mark Howe and son of Gordie Howe, both hockey players.
- John Travolta: American actor on stage, film and TV who gained popularity as Vinnie Barbarino on the TV series "Welcome Back Kotter.
- Charlie Fowler: American mountaineer author and photographer (d. 2006).
- The first Church of Scientology is established in Los Angeles, California.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 February 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1954 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?