Friday 11 November 1938, Veteran's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Reilly in Chicago and Josef Odozil.
The Lady Vanishes, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1938!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1938 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- John Reilly in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Sean - General Hospital, Dallas, The Hamptons).
- Josef Odozil: Czechoslovakia -- 1500m (1964 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Roger Laver [Jackson]: Rock keyboardist (Tornados).
- Ants Antson: Estonian speed skater (d. 2015).
- Haruhiro Yamashita: Japanese gymnast and coach.
- Mary Mallon: Irish-born American carrier of typhoid (Born 1869).
- German and Austrian Jewish suffer 1 billion Mark damage in Nazi
- Kristallnacht; Jews forced to wear Star of David
- Celal Bayar forms the new government of Turkey. (10 th government Celal Bayar had served twice as a prime minister)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 November 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?