Tuesday June 18, 2019
US date format: 6/18/2019, UK date format: 18/6/2019
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 18, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Unsolved by James Patterson, David Ellis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Broken Mirror.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 18, 2019?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Iran–United States relations: In response to accusations by the United States that Iran is responsible for last week's attacks on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman, and the subsequent increased U.S. military presence in the region, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says "Iran will not wage war against any nation". (CBC)
- In response to accusations by the United States that Iran is responsible for last week's attacks on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman, and the subsequent increased U.S. military presence in the region, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says "Iran will not wage war against any nation". (CBC)
- Forty one people are killed in an attack in the Yoro and Gangafani villages in Mali, one week after 35 are killed in another attack. The attackers, riding motorcycles, targeted primarily Dogon villages. (CNN)
- California housing shortage: Google announces that it is setting aside $750 million in land and $250 million in financing to encourage developers in the San Francisco area to build and rehabilitate housing, in order to ease the homeless crisis in a region where Google has 45,000 employees. (Reuters)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- b'BuzzFeed News Is Part of a Union Wave at Digital Media Outlets' b'The site\xe2\x80\x99s journalists took part in an IRL protest after a series of tweets criticized the company\xe2\x80\x99s refusal to recognize their affiliation with the News Guild.' [..]
- b'Global Economic Growth Is Already Slowing. The U.S. Trade War Is Making It Worse.' b'President Trump\xe2\x80\x99s trade war is stirring uncertainty, weighing on manufacturing and disrupting increasingly delicate global economic growth.' [..]
- See all financial news of June 18, 2019