Monday June 17, 2019
US date format: 6/17/2019, UK date format: 17/6/2019
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 17, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Unsolved by James Patterson, David Ellis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Broken Mirror.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 17, 2019?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Boko Haram: Three Boko Haram suicide bombers detonate their devices among a group of football fans, killing 30 people and wounding 40 others, in Konduga, Nigeria. (BBC)Boko Haram terrorists exchange gunfire with Nigerian troops in the Nganzai local government area of Borno State. (Al Jazeera)
- Three Boko Haram suicide bombers detonate their devices among a group of football fans, killing 30 people and wounding 40 others, in Konduga, Nigeria. (BBC)
- Boko Haram terrorists exchange gunfire with Nigerian troops in the Nganzai local government area of Borno State. (Al Jazeera)
- Iran–United States relations: Acting United States Secretary of Defense Patrick M. Shanahan authorizes the deployment of approximately 1,000 additional U.S. troops to the Middle East region "for defensive purposes to address air, naval and ground-based threats" amid increased tensions with Iran. The move comes four days after two oil tankers were attacked in the Gulf of Oman incident.
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- b'Businesses Plead to Stop More China Tariffs. They Expect to Be Ignored.' b'Companies say more tariffs would hurt businesses and consumers, but many have become resigned to the idea that president will do what he wants.' [..]
- b'Huawei Chief Predicts Sales Will Flatline After Trump Crackdown' b'Being cut off from American technology will hurt business at the Chinese company this year and next, Ren Zhengfei said, though he vowed a 2021 recovery.' [..]
- See all financial news of June 17, 2019