Friday June 21, 2019
US date format: 6/21/2019, UK date format: 21/6/2019
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 21, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Unsolved by James Patterson, David Ellis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Broken Mirror.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 21, 2019?
- Ten civilians are killed when a suicide bomber detonates his explosive belt in a crowd of worshippers at a Shia mosque in eastern Baghdad, Iraq. (Sputnik)
- Korean Air confirms that US carrier Delta Air Lines has acquired a 4.3% stake in Korean Air's parent company Hanjin Kal, which may help Hanjin resist pressure from an activist shareholder. (Reuters)
- Myanmar's Ministry of Transport and Communications orders mobile phone companies and internet providers to suspend service in nine townships in Rakhine State. (France 24)
- A Beechcraft King Air sky diving operation plane crashes near Dillingham Airfield on Oahu, Hawaii, killing all eleven people onboard. (The Guardian)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- b'California Wildfire Fund Would Put Aside $21 Billion for Damage Claims' b'Gov. Gavin Newsom\xe2\x80\x99s proposal would also protect power company customers from the kind of huge claims that have helped push Pacific Gas & Electric into bankruptcy.' [..]
- b'Fed Officials Make the Case for Cutting Interest Rates as Risks Loom' b'The presidents of the St. Louis and Minneapolis branches of the Federal Reserve want rates cut now, and even the central bank\xe2\x80\x99s vice chair says uncertainty is growing.' [..]
- See all financial news of June 21, 2019