Saturday June 01, 2019
US date format: 6/1/2019, UK date format: 1/6/2019
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 1, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
On TV people were watching The Code.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 01, 2019?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- See more
- A suicide bomber driving a Humvee detonated the vehicle loaded with explosives near a security building in Afghanistan, killing 8 officers. (ariananews)
- Pope Francis visits Romania, meeting with Patriarch Daniel of the Romanian Orthodox Church and holding an open mass in front of 80,000 people. (The New York Times): Pope Francis urges ethnic Hungarians and Romanians to mend their differences toward a peaceful existence in one country. (Reuters)
- Pope Francis urges ethnic Hungarians and Romanians to mend their differences toward a peaceful existence in one country. (Reuters)
- Chinese authorities begin an investigation into American multinational courier delivery services company FedEx for allegedly undermining the rights of Chinese clients. The investigation stems from allegations by Chinese telecommunications company Huawei that FedEx attempted to divert the shipping route of its packages without the company's prior authorization which in turn has been denied by FedEx. (CNBC)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- As Trade War Spreads to Mexico, Companies Lose a Safe Harbor Trade tensions led American companies to shift operations to Mexico from China. President Trump’s latest tariff threat has upended that strategy. [..]
- Boeing Built Deadly Assumptions Into 737 Max, Blind to a Late Design Change A system that doomed two flights was expected to engage only rarely and originally used two sensors. Critical decisions were based on those factors even when they no longer applied, employees said. [..]
- See all financial news of June 01, 2019