Thursday 18 March 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rudi Altig and Bryna Monsein.
Swing High, Swing Low, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Northwest Passage (novel) by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1937!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 March 1937 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Rudi Altig: German athlete, a world champion cyclist in 1966.
- Bryna Monsein: American astrologer as a hobby, whose study began in 1967 and never stopped.
- Mark Donohue: American race car driver and engineer (Born 1937).
- Gas explosion in school in New London, Texas, USA; 296 die.
- The New London School explosion kills three hundred, mostly children.
- The human-powered aircraft, Pedaliante, flies 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) outside Milan.
- The Encyclical ''Divini Redemptoris'' of Pope Pius XI about communism is published.
- Mother Frances Hospital opens in Tyler, Texas in response to the New London School explosion.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?