Wednesday 17 March 1937, St. Patrick's Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rudy Ray Moore and Lawrence Klamon.
Swing High, Swing Low, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while The Years by Virginia Woolf was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1937!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1937 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Rudy Ray Moore: American comedian and actor (d. 2008).
- Lawrence Klamon: American attorney and CEO of Fuqua Industries, a photo finishing, sporting goods and Snapper mowers retailer.
- Adam Wade: American singer drummer and actor.
- Galina Samsova: Russian ballerina.
- Austen Chamberlain: English businessman and politician Chancellor of the Exchequer Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1937).
- The Atherton Report (private investigator Edwin Atherton's report detailing vice and police corruption in San Francisco) is released.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?