Saturday 6 March 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Doug Dillard and Paul Mefano.
Swing High, Swing Low, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1937!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1937 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Doug Dillard: Actor (Clem-Popeye).
- Paul Mefano: Composer.
- Valentina V Tereshkova-Nikolayev: 1st woman in space (Vostok 6).
- Ivan Boesky in Detroit: Michigan, USA; stockbroker, inside trader.
- Guy Boniface: French rugby player, selected 33 times in international events to play as center between 1960 and 1966.
- Arild Nyquist: Norwegian novelist, lyricist, writer of children's books, and musician. He was the son of writer Gerd Nyquist.
- Valentina Tereshkova: Russian cosmonaut, the world's first woman in space on 16 June 1963 when her spaceship Vostok VI blasted off on a flight that lasted three days and 45 earth orbits.
- Ivan Boesky: American businessman
- Frank Vosper: Actor / writer (Jew Suss), dies at 37.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?