Friday 19 March 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Clarence "Frogman" and Clarence ''Frogman'' Henry.
Quality Street, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1937!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1937 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Clarence "Frogman": Henry; musician ("You Always Hurt the One You Love").
- Clarence ''Frogman'' Henry: American musician.
- : American singer and pianist.
- Egon Krenz: last President of Communist East Germany.
- Maurice Roëves: English-Scottish actor.
- Horacio Quiroga: Uruguayan-Argentinian author poet and playwright (d. 1937).
- Pope Pius XI publishes encyclical Divini redemptoris against communism
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 March 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?