Thursday 4 March 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include [Bernard Barney Jean] Wilen and Yuri Aleksandrovich Senkevich.
Lost Horizon, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while The Years by Virginia Woolf was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1937!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1937 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- [Bernard Barney Jean] Wilen: Musician.
- Yuri Aleksandrovich Senkevich: Russian Cosmonaut.
- Ron Carter: jazz bassist (Ron Carter Meets Bach).
- Richard B Wright: Canadian novelist.
- Barney Wilen: French musician, a tenor saxophonist.
- José Araquistáin: Spanish footballer
- William Deverell: Canadian novelist, activist, and criminal lawyer
- Graham Dowling: New Zealand cricketer
- Leslie Gelb: American journalist and author
- Yuri Senkevich: Russian medical doctor, explorer and TV anchorman. (d. 2003)
- Richard Wright: British keyboardist (Pink Floyd) (Born 1943)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?