Friday 5 March 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stephen Fitz-Simon and Dan Burros.
Swing High, Swing Low, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1937!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1937 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Stephen Fitz-Simon: Entrepreneur.
- Dan Burros: American Jewish Nazi who committed suicide upon exposure by NY Times.
- Jean Orizet: French writer and editor.
- Lionel Salem: French quantum chemist.
- Olusegun Obasanjo: Nigerian general and politician 5th President of Nigeria.
- Sal Borgese: Italian actor
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?