Tuesday September 29, 1970
US date format: 9/29/1970, UK date format: 29/9/1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 29, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Ninel Conde and Russell Peters.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
The Great White Hope, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Human Sexual Inadequacy by William H. Masters and Virginia E. Johnson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Timeslip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 29, 1970?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- See more
- NET Festival, last aired
- Edward Everett Horton: Actor / narrator (Bulwinkle Show), dies...
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 29, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Aretha Franklin with The Dixie Flyers - Don't Play That Song
- Charles Wright - Express Yourself
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Four Tops - Still Water (Love)
- The Whispers - Seems Like I Gotta Do Wrong
- 100 Proof Aged in Soul - Somebody's Been Sleeping
- The Moments - If I Didn't Care
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- The Spinners - It's A Shame
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next September 29If September 29, 1970 is your birthday you're 49 years, 11 months, 26 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 5 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free