Saturday 18 September 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Teenage Dream by Katy Perry.
The Social Network, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Elvira's Movie Macabre.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Diner Dash 5: BOOM! or Arsenal of Democracy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 18 September 2010 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 September
- Three protesters die in anti-India protests in Jammu and Kashmir with the death toll from protests rising to one hundred. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- Demonstrations occur against Japan in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenyang and Chongqing on the anniversary of the Mukden Incident. (Reuters)
- A dozen people are reported dead during clashes between Mauritanian troops and al-Qaeda militants in Mali's Sahara. (IOL)
- British pop star George Michael is transferred from Pentonville Prison to Highpoint Prison in Suffolk, England, to serve out the remaining weeks of his sentence for driving under the influence of cannabis. (UKPA via Google News)
- Chileans celebrate the 200th anniversary of Chilean Independence Day as do the 33 miners trapped underground in the 2010 Copiapó mining accident. (CNN)
- China slighty increased its holdings of United States treasury debt to US$846.7billion, this July. (''China Daily'')
- Taiwan prepares for the impact of Typhoon Fanapi. (Xinhua)
- At least 30 people are dead and 80 injured in a passenger truck crash in Zagyuri in northern Ghana. (Xinhua)
- Two airplanes crash at a retro air show near the city of Warngau in southern Germany. (RIA Novosti)
- The President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad meets with the President of Algeria Abdelaziz Bouteflika in Algiers to discuss trade agreements. (AFP via Google)
- Iranian human rights activist Shiva Nazar Ahari is convicted of gathering and plotting to commit crimes against the Iranian state, propaganda against the establishment and waging war against God. (Al Jazeera)
- Voters in Afghanistan go to the polls braving threats from the Taliban with voter turnout calculated at 40 per cent. (ABC News Online)
- Polls in the eastern province of Nuristan fail to open on time due to security concerns. (Al Jazeera)
- A rocket attack is launched at NATO headquarters in Kabul. Two Britons were killed. (BBC)
- Voters in Slovakia go to the polls to vote on a referendum to reduce the size of the National Council of the Slovak Republic and cut political perks amongst other things. (AFP via Google News)
- Pope Benedict XVI's visit to the United Kingdom:
- Thousands of people demonstrate in protest at the Pope's views on condom use, homosexuality, education, the ordination of women and the child abuse case. (BBC)
- Bulgarian Roma protest outside the French embassy in Sofia about expulsions of Roma from France. (Xinhua)
- Frenchman Philippe Croizon becomes the first limbless man to swim the English Channel. (AAP via ''Sydney Daily Telegraph'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 September 2010
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?