Sunday 27 September 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dwayne Davis and Mark Caldero.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
The Baby Maker, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Roads to Freedom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1970 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Dwayne Davis: WLAF safety (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Mark Caldero: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma -- Vocalist (Color Me Badd-I Want to Sex You Up).
- Tobias Ferber: German computer scientist, neo-astrologer, specializing in programming astrological research and databank software (DAV-Databank, Taeger-Archives on CD-ROM).
- Tamara Taylor: American actress.
- Yoshiharu Habu: Japanese professional shogi player.
- Ken Boswell sets second baseman record of 85 games without an error.
- Richard Nixon begins a tour of Europe, visiting Italy, Yugoslavia, Spain, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 September 1970
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Edwin Starr - War
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie
- Dawn - Candida
- Anne Murray - Snowbird
- Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?