Wednesday 30 September 1970
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Piatkowski and Tony Hale.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
The Baby Maker, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Roads to Freedom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1970 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Eric Piatkowski: American basketball player, a guard-forward with the Clippers.
- Tony Hale: American actor and producer.
- Patrick Aherne: Actor (Bwana Devil, Botany Bay), dies at 69.
- New American Bible published
- A fire at the Smithsonian Institution damages portions of the Hall of Monetary History and Medallic Art.
- Jordan makes a deal with the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) for the release of the remaining hostages from the Dawson's Field hijackings.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 September 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Dawn - Candida
- Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You
- Anne Murray - Snowbird
- Edwin Starr - War
- Free - All Right Now
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?