Monday September 28, 1970
US date format: 9/28/1970, UK date format: 28/9/1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 28, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Kimiko Date and Kimiko Date-Krumm.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
The Great White Hope, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Human Sexual Inadequacy by William H. Masters and Virginia E. Johnson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Timeslip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 28, 1970?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- See more
- Words & Music, debuts on NBC-TV
- Anwar Sadat replaces Egyptian President Nassar
- Ringo Starr released his Beaccups of Blues album
- The U.S. Congress gives President Richard Nixon authority to sell arms to Israel.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 28, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Aretha Franklin with The Dixie Flyers - Don't Play That Song
- Charles Wright - Express Yourself
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Four Tops - Still Water (Love)
- The Whispers - Seems Like I Gotta Do Wrong
- 100 Proof Aged in Soul - Somebody's Been Sleeping
- The Moments - If I Didn't Care
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- The Spinners - It's A Shame
Sport Games on September 28, 1970
- Kansas City Chiefs - Baltimore Colts : 44 - 24
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next September 28If September 28, 1970 is your birthday you're 49 years, 11 months, 29 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 2 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free