Sunday September 18, 1988US date format: 9/18/1988, UK date format: 18/9/1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 18, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arizona Muse and Misha Philipchuk.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses.
In UK Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Spellbinder, directed by Janet Greek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Zoya by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Scruples.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Legendary Wings or Fire King.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1988 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Arizona Muse: Model.
- Misha Philipchuk
- Annette Obrestad: Norwegian poker player.
- Asher Book
- Shoshana Bush
- Lukas Graham: Funk Singer.
- Jinkx Monsoon: Reality Star.
- Asher Monroe: R&B Singer.
- Lukas Forchhammer: Musician.
- Juli Inkster wins LPGA SAFECO Golf Classic
- Burma suspends its constitution.
- End of pro-democracy uprisings in Myanmar after a bloody military coup by the State Law and Order Restoration Council. Thousands, mostly monks and civilians (primarily students) are killed by the Tatmadaw.
Sport Games on 18 September 1988
- Atlanta Falcons - San Francisco 49ers : 34 - 17
- Buffalo Bills - New England Patriots : 16 - 14
- Cincinnati Bengals - Pittsburgh Steelers : 17 - 12
- Denver Broncos - Kansas City Chiefs : 13 - 20
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Van Halen - When It's Love
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Kenny Loggins - Nobody's Fool
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Rick Astley - It Would Take A Strong Strong Man
Top #10 R&B songs
- Michael Jackson - Another Part Of Me
- Jeffrey Osborne - She's On The Left
- Pebbles - Take Your Time
- Shake Your Thang - Salt-N-Pepa Featuring E.U.
- James Brown - Static
- Keith Sweat (Duet With Jacci McGhee) - Make It Last Forever
- Levert - Addicted To You
- Freddie Jackson - Nice 'N' Slow
- Tony Toni Tone - Born Not To Know
- George Michael - Monkey
Top #10 Latin songs
- Franco - MARIA
- Marisela - YA NO
- TOCO MADERA - Raphael
- SENTADO A LA VERA DEL CAMINO - EYDIE GORME Y ROBERTO CARLOS
- Es un alma en pena - Lucia Mendez
- QUE SERA - Emmanuel
- QUE TE PASA - Yuri
- VERGUENZA ME DA QUERERTE - Jose Jose
- ESTE AMOR QUE HAY QUE CALLAR - Yolandita Monge
- Atrapame y condename - Jorge Muniz
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?