Sunday September 18, 1988
US date format: 9/18/1988, UK date format: 18/9/1988
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 18, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Arizona Muse and Misha Philipchuk.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses.
In UK Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Spellbinder, directed by Janet Greek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Senatorial Privilege by Leo Damore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Scruples.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Akira or Hoshi wo Sagashite.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 18, 1988?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Juli Inkster wins LPGA SAFECO Golf Classic
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 18, 1988?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Van Halen - When It's Love
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Kenny Loggins - Nobody's Fool
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Rick Astley - It Would Take A Strong Strong Man
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Michael Jackson - Another Part Of Me
- Jeffrey Osborne - She's On The Left
- Pebbles - Take Your Time
- Salt-N-Pepa Featuring E.U. - Shake Your Thang
- James Brown - Static
- Keith Sweat (Duet With Jacci McGhee) - Make It Last Forever
- Levert - Addicted To You
- Freddie Jackson - Nice 'N' Slow
- Tony Toni Tone - Born Not To Know
- George Michael - Monkey
Sport Games on September 18, 1988
- Atlanta Falcons - San Francisco 49ers : 34 - 17
- Buffalo Bills - New England Patriots : 16 - 14
- Cincinnati Bengals - Pittsburgh Steelers : 17 - 12
- Denver Broncos - Kansas City Chiefs : 13 - 20
- Green Bay Packers - Miami Dolphins : 17 - 24
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?