Monday October 18, 1982
US date format: 10/18/1982, UK date format: 18/10/1982
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 18, 1982). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Thierry Amiel and Ne-Yo .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Jack & Diane by John Cougar.
In UK Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth was in the top 5 hits.
Tenebre, directed by Dario Argento, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Lace by Shirley Conran was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wild America.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing QB-3 or Escape From the Mindmaster.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 18, 1982?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 18, 1982?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'
- Joe Cocker - Up Where We Belong
- Olivia Newton-John - Heart Attack
- Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby
- America - You Can Do Magic
- Flock Of Seagulls, A - I Ran (So Far Away)
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Evelyn King - Love Come Down
- The Time - 777-9311
- The Gap Band - You Dropped A Bomb On Me
- Cheryl Lynn And Luther Vandross - If This World Were Mine
- Luther Vandross - Bad Boy/having A Party
- Kool & The Gang - Big Fun
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin' (every Time You're Near)
- Melba Moore - Love's Comin' At Ya
- Jermaine Jackson - Let Me Tickle Your Fancy
- Grandmaster Flash - The Message
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 18If October 18, 1982 is your birthday you're 37 years, 11 months, 14 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 16 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 18, 1982?
On October 18, 1982 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is October 18, 1982?
On October 18, 1982 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 18, 1982?
On October 18, 1982 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 18, 1982?
On October 18, 1982 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 18, 1982?
On October 18, 1982 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on October 18, 1982?
On October 18, 1982 several famous people were born including, Thierry Amiel, Ne-Yo , Michael Dingsdag.
Which famous people died on October 18, 1982?
Famous people died on October 18, 1982 include, Maurice Gilliams, Bess Truman, Pierre Mendes-France.
What was the number one song in October 18, 1982?
The number one song in the week of October 18, 1982 was Jack & Diane by John Cougar in US and Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth in UK.
What were the top hits on October 18, 1982?
The top hits on October 18, 1982 were Jack & Diane by John Cougar, Who Can It Be Now? by Men At Work, Eye In The Sky by The Alan Parsons Project in US and Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth, Do You Really Want To Hurt Me? by Culture Club, Zoom by Fat Larry's Band in UK.