Tuesday 19 April 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yvonne Dornès and Andrew Gilchrist.
Othello, directed by Ugo Falena, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while Max Katherine by Cecil Thurston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1910!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1910 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Yvonne Dornès: French woman of letters and feminist.
- Andrew Gilchrist: Scottish author and diplomat, his posts included being ambassador to Indonesia (1963-66) and Ireland (1966-1970).
- 14th Boston Marathon won by Fred Cameron of Canada in 2:28:52.4.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- He's a College Boy - Paul Southe
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?