Wednesday 19 April 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ellen Weston in New York City and E Clay Shaw Jr American politician (Representative-Republican-Florida.
Juarez, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1939 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Ellen Weston in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Betty - SWAT).
- E Clay Shaw Jr American politician (Representative-Republican-Florida: 1981-).
- Marc Simenon: Belgian-born French film director and screenwriter, son of writer Georges Simenon, he married French actress Mylène Demongeot.
- E Shaw: Jr.
- Connecticut finally approves Bill of Rights (148 years late).
- 43rd Boston Marathon won by Ellison Brown of Rhode Island in 2:28:51.8.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?