Thursday 8 September 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 8, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Secombe and Louis Boffet.
Camille, directed by Ray C. Smallwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 September 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1921 ?
- Harry Secombe: British entertainer known as "the nicest man in British show business.
- Hans Ulrich Engelmann: German composer (Ophelia).
- Louis Boffet: French Catholic priest, who served as Bishop of Montpellier from 1976 to 1996.
- Carl Fernbach-Flarsheim: Silesian-born American poet, an exponent of concrete poetry, also known as shape poetry or visual poetry.
- Mosie Lister: American singer-songwriter and minister (The Statesmen Quartet) (d. 2015).
- 1st Miss America crowned (Margaret Gorman of Washington DC)
- 16-year-old Margaret Gorman wins the Atlantic City Pageant's Golden Mermaid trophy; pageant officials later dubbed her the first Miss America.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Peggy O'Neil - Charles Harrison
- Tea Leaves - Nora Bayes